- Why should I pay you to do my taxes?
- Someone else is charging less, why should I choose you?
- I hear you work a lot with teachers,
do you prepare taxes for someone who is not a teacher?
- My taxes are simple, why shouldn’t I just buy a software program?
- How much does it cost to have my return prepared?
- How do I schedule an appointment?
- What items will I need to bring?
- How long will it take to receive my return?
- How long will it take to receive my refund?
- If I owe, when do I have to pay?
- Why is the tax code so complicated?
Great question! Being a former teacher, and now a full-time, year-round tax and financial advisor, I believe provides me the knowledge and experience to advise people in a way that no one else can. I approach your taxes from an educational perspective. With my help and understanding of how taxes work, you could potentially save thousands of dollars in taxes in the years to come.
I have been preparing tax returns since 2005.
In 2015, I prepared well over 300 tax returns. I work hard to find all the necessary tax deductions & credits that pertain to your specific situation.
Unfortunately, the tax code is extensive, and there is no way that any one person can fully understand all the laws written within. In fact, even the head of the IRS, IRS Commissioner Douglas Shulman, doesn’t prepare his own taxes. During an interview on C-SPAN’s “Newsmakers” program that aired in January of 2010 Shulman said he uses a tax preparer for his own returns. “I’ve used one for years. I find it convenient. I find the tax code complex so I use a preparer,” Shulman said.
When it comes to quality, I don’t believe pricing should be the final determining factor.
That being said, we all want the most quality for the best price, and in all honesty, I believe I offer quality service you won’t be able to find anywhere else, at a price that will be tough to beat. The reason my rates are competitive is because I have very little overhead, I personally prepare all my returns, and I don’t have an employee whose salary I have to pay. That all being said, I’m sure it is possible to find someone who charges less.
Things to consider besides just price:
- Is the price just a one-time introductory rate?
- What is the regular fee?
- Who actually prepares the returns?
- Is the person available year-round?
- Can the person offer financial advice as well as tax advice?
- Does the person provide advice on how to save taxes in the future?
Of Course! Although 80% of my clients are teachers, the other 20% of my tax clients have come from family members and friends of teachers. Although my main focus is teachers, I am happy to assist family members and friends of teachers who feel comfortable working with me.
Click here for a true story on how I saved one client who used a tax software program over $8,000.
I will admit, the software programs available today are good for certain people with simple returns who are not interested in discovering ways that they can maximize their income and minimize their taxes.
Software programs will never be able to offer you the personal touch of someone who understands your profession and your unique situation better than a professional. Furthermore, because the tax code is so extensive and is constantly changing, software programs cannot provide advice on all the potential ways that you can save on taxes in the future.
There is still very few things that replace the value of human contact.
Obviously this depends on your specific situation. Feel free to contact me anytime for a quote. In most cases, I can give you an exact quote over the phone. The quote that I will provide will include all forms and schedules, electronic filing, and access to me throughout the year.
When preparing returns for new clients, I always require that we schedule
There are several reasons why I schedule two appointments with all new clients and most of my returning clients.
- I want to ensure that you are receiving all the tax deductions/credits in which you are entitled, therefore it is important to understand your unique situation and see if we can find other ways to reduce your taxes.
- Rather than rushing through and quickly filing a return only to discover something important missing – let’s do it right the first time!
- I want to spend time on your individual return and make sure that you are paying the lowest legal amount in taxes.
When you are ready to schedule your appointment, feel free to call me at
714-442-2650 or send me an e-mail with a date and time request.
Click here for a checklist of items to bring.
The checklist provides a quick one-page list of items to bring. This is by no means a comprehensive list, however, it does provide a majority of the items you will need.
Anything else that is needed will be discovered in our first appointment, and there should be plenty of time to bring in the missing items.
In most cases, one week.
During our initial appointment, we will discover if there is anything else needed on your part to complete your return, and schedule your follow-up appointment – which usually occurs the following week.
Assuming all documentation is in prior to our second appointment, your return will be completed and ready to file after your review of the return.
This is up to the IRS & the state.
In most cases however, you should receive your refund within two weeks!
The fastest way to receive your refund is through electronically filing your return, and having your refund directly deposited into your bank account – which is how most of my clients file their return.
No matter when you file your return, taxes are always do on April 15th.
I don’t know 🙂